Innovative, applied teaching methods are key to preparing engineering students for the challenges of the digital world of work.
The objective of Laboratories Across Borders (LAB) is to set up cyber-physical laboratories and to develop tailored teaching and learning modules in a joint project between the National Technical University Dnipro Polytechnic and Reutlingen University.
Students of both universities will be enabled to carry out lab experiments via remote internet access using robots, electric motors and other real-life equipment located in laboratories on both campuses.
By exploring in an experimental setting what they have learned in lectures, students gain applied knowledge in the key competencies of mechatronics, robotics and control engineering.
- First project phase: October 2020 – September 2022.
- Second project phase “LAB4All”: October 2022 – December 2023.
- Third project phase “LAB4All”: January 2024 – August 2024
- Partners: National Technical University Dnipro Polytechnic, Ukraine and Reutlingen University, Germany.
- Funded by Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (German Academic Exchange Service) and Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung (Federal Ministry of Education and Research).
- New report on Gamification for Control Engineering is available
- Participation at DAAD National Conference “Education in times of war”
- Ukrainian partner university from Dnipro visits Reutlingen University in an Erasmus + mobility program
- LAB: Second phase of the project is in action
- Remote lab experiments successfully tested in online workshop